2020 Nomination form
katherine drake hart award
1) Nominee must have made a notable historic contribution to Austin-Travis County which could be one that occurred during 2020, or cumulative achievements toward local history made over many years. This could include extraordinary efforts in creating or preserving a historic landmark, restoration or preservation of objects of historic cultural significance, establishment or long term involvement of Oral History projects or youth leadership and education as it pertains to history.
2) Nomination for the award is a two-step process. Both the online nomination form (below) and submission of supporting materials via email are required. The supporting materials must include a summary of the reason the nominee is being nominated. Failure to complete this requirement will disqualify the nominee.
3) Nominee may live in Central Texas but the contribution must be in Travis County. If the nominee has moved from Central Texas, but their contribution(s) or achievements were made while living in Central Texas, they are eligible.
4) Nominees should not be members of the board or staff of the Austin History Center Association or staff of the Austin History Center.
5) Former winners of the Hart Award are not eligible.
6) Nominations received after March 19, 2021 will not be considered. Both steps of the nomination process - the online nomination form and the supporting materials sent via email - must be received before Midnight CDT March 19th. Partial nominations, unfortunately, will be disqualified.
Timeline for 2020 Nomination
Request for nominations to the public
All qualified nominations submitted to panel of judges
Selection of Hart Award winner for 2020
Presentation of 2020 Hart Award at AHCA Annual Meeting
Architect, sculptor, and co-founder of the AHCA, Bob Coffee (right), and current chair of the Katherine Drake Hart Award, Charles Peveto, hold "Pop the Whip," Coffee's sculpture, which is presented each year to the winner of the Katherine Drake Hart Award.
2020 Nomination form
Nominations for the 2020 Katherine Drake Hart Award must be submitted through the following
Step 1 - Nomination form - Fill out and submit the form below. Please provide information for all fields.
Step 2 - Email supporting material - Gather and send supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Supporting materials should help illustrate the nomination narrative and can include:
A concise description describing the nominee’s contributions (maximum 600 words, not to exceed two double-spaced pages)
Up to six photographs or other illustrations (.jpg or .tif format, at least 300 dpi resolution)
Up to three newspaper articles (in .pdf format)
A head shot of the nominee to be used for publicity purposes (.jpg or .tif format, at least 300 dpi resolution)
The nomination and supporting documentation will be considered for addition to the biography files of the Austin History Center.
The nomination form and supporting materials must be submitted no later than March 19, 2021.